Friday, September 26, 2008

Remembering my Papaw

I knew this time would be coming soon. My papaw passed away this morning. I am sad, but happy he is no longer suffering. This is so hard losing my first grandparent. I have been so blessed being able to grow up with all four of my grandparents. My kids were blessed knowing their great-granparents. Not many kids are able to know all four. I just hope Brayden remembers Papaw. We named Brayden after him in a sense. Papaw's name is Thomas Howard Shelton, Sr. but his nickname was Jack. (Don't ask how he got that nickname, cause I couldn't really tell you.) We named our son, Jack Brayden after him. I remember telling Papaw that we were naming him after him and he just smiled. Papaw was not a man of many words, but you knew he loved you. When he did speak he always had a funny comeback that made everyone in the room laugh. We will always remember all the great memories we had with him. We love you and miss you, Papaw!


Click to play Papaw
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for you and your family.

Mixwit