Monday, August 4, 2008

First day of school!

Today was our first day of school at Smith Academy. Ashton started 7th grade and Brayden started 3K. It was hard getting up out of bed today. We have been lazy this summer sleeping into about 9 or 9:30am. I got the kids up around 8am and cooked a good breakfast to start us off. Here are some pics of them. Ashton was excited about school to start, but I know this will only last about a week or two. Brayden has always hated me taking his picture. Most of the pictures you will notice I get his back. This morning I got his hand telling me to stop. I managed to get him distracted and got one of his face.




We do our school at the kitchen table, Ashton at one end and Brayden at the other end. I got Ashton started on her work and then switched ends to Brayden.


Ashton's school consist of (Bob Jones University Curriculum):


  1. Pre-Algebra
  2. English/Literature
  3. Life Science
  4. Bible (New Testament- Life of Jesus)
  5. World Studies (1100AD to present)

Brayden's school consist of(A to Z Early Child Curriculum):

  • Letter of the week, counting, art, and life skills

We had a great day of school... we were finished by noon and enjoyed lunch together(sorry fo the blurry pic)!

No comments:

Mixwit