Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Four Generations

Watching you become a parent,
Warms me from inside.
My little girl, now a Mother,
Pure happiness and pride.
The precious child you cradle,
Is a part of you and me.
When I see you both together,
I see the way we used to be.
The miracle of your birth,
Is a day I won't forget.
I remember my enchantment,
as our face and eyes first met.
I recall your sweet wet kisses,
And sleepy little sighs.
I remember your first smile,
Brought tears to loving eyes.
As your Mother I still shine,
By the woman you've become.
First blessed by having you,
And now your little one.
I pray that as your Mother,
I've been all that I can be.
May the love you give your children,
Carry on a part of me.

-Teri Harrison


Faye Eanes (my grandmother)
Patty Shelton (my mom)
Kim Owens (my sister)
Christy Smith (me, of course!)
Ashton Smith (my daughter)

No comments:

Mixwit